Sometimes I find myself discussing programming languages with a friend, comparing advantages and disadvantages. There are interesting documents that can be used as a reference in this kind of discussion, but I always forget where they are, so here is a track list. If you know more, please suggest.
- TIOBE Community Index: a list of programming languages ordered by popularity
- The dark side of C++: Felix von Leitner’s presentation on what is bad in C++
- Plat-forms contest: 30 hours to develop a web project in PHP, Perl and Java
- The computer language game: performance benchmark
- The Artima Developer Community: blogs from language experts
- OHLOH language comparison: programming languages ordered by number of commits to open source projects